Zenith Minerals (ASX:ZNC) reports that it has defined new ‘high grade’ gold zones at its Split Rocks project in Western Australia following one-metre resampling of drill core from a recent AC drilling program.
The program comprised a total of 100 AC holes across five target areas within Split Rocks, testing for extensions of gold mineralisation previously targeted by sub-optimal drilling activities, along with new zones of potential mineralisation.
Key results were returned from four target zones including:
- Dulcie Far North
- 4m @ 10.2 g/t Au to end of hole including 2m @ 19.8 g/t Au to end of hole
- 9m @1.8 g/t Au including 2m @ 6.2g/tAu
- 8m @ 1.1 g/t Au including email@example.com/tAu
- 8m @ 1.1 g/t Au incl firstname.lastname@example.org/tAu
- Scott’s Grey
- 12m @ 1.7 g/t Au to end of hole including 1m @ 7.1 g/t Au and 5m @ 2.1 g/t Au
- 2m @ 7.6 g/t Au followed by a 3m mine working and another 2m @ 2.4 g/t Au, total width 7m
- Dulcie North
- 8m @ 1.2 g/t Au and 2m @ 3.7 g/t Au
- 5m @ 1.0 g/t Au
- 1m @ 1.8 g/t Au (infill following earlier AC program that identified 2m @ 9.8 g/t Au and 1m @ 7.1g/t Au)
Addressing the results, Zenith Minerals Chairman Peter Bird said: “The objective remains very focussed on trying to aggregate enough gold mineralisation on the Split Rocks leases so as we can move to a maiden resource estimate. As drilling has advanced we are starting to see good continuity and commercial grade intersections along the main structural trend and more specifically in our target areas. The area of interest is over 3 km in length.”
“As drilling has advanced we are starting to see good continuity and commercial grade intersections along the main structural trend”
Zenith’s geological team had operated a targeting exercise that defined an initial 12 high-priority gold targets extending over 18km of strike at Split Rocks, which was expanded to 18 targets following additional exploration work.
The company reports that 12 targets have so-far been drill tested, with ‘outstanding’ first-pass results achieved at Dulcie North, Dulcie Laterite Pit, Estrella, Dulcie Far North and Water Bore. Assays remain outstanding for Dulcie West.
Additional infill and and step-out AC drilling is currently underway at Dulcie Far North, Dulcie North and Scott’s Grey, which will be followed by RC drilling on ‘significant’ near-surface gold intersections at Dulcie Laterite Pit, Dulcie North, Dulcie Far North & Water Bore.
Images: Zenith Minerals Limited