De Grey Mining Limited (ASX: DEG) has released its latest round of step-out and infill exploration results from the Diucon prospect at its Hemi gold deposit, with drilling increasing the scale of mineralisation to approximately 300m wide, 400m deep and 1,000m along strike.
The company reports that mineralisation mirrors characteristics from the adjacent Eagle deposit, potentially hosting high-grade gold in overprinting quartz veins.
Key results from the program include:
- Hole HERC897: 17m @ 7.5g/t Au from 175m to end of hole (infill)
- Hole HERC761: 19m @ 4.1g/t Au from 115m (80m southern width extension)
- Hole HERC762: 21m @ 3.2g/t Au from 196m (160m southern width extension)
- Hole HERC896: 10m @ 3.0g/t Au from 74m and 55m @ 1.5g/t Au from 91m (infill all on Section 28960E)
- Hole HERC951DW1: 70.9m @ 2.0g/t Au from 358m (80m down-dip extension to HERC479)
- Hole HERC893: 12m @ 2.3g/t Au from 52m and 9m @ 5.3g/t Au from 84m (40m extensions to the south and down dip of HERC477)
- Hole HERC891: 44m @ 2.1g/t Au from 109m and 24m @ 3g/t Au from 202m (infill all on Section 28800E)
Mineralisation at the prospect remains open in all directions.
Drilling continues to support resource growth at Hemi
Drilling is ongoing at both Diucon and Eagle, with De Grey identifying potential for ‘significant’ resource growth at both prospects.
Recent drilling has highlighted the potential for additional lodes to the south of current resources.
De Grey reports that step-out and infill drilling are underway at Diucon, with RC and diamond drills defining new lodes and targeting depth extensions to the south.
Drilling is also ongoing at the Antwerp prospect, targeting down-plunge extensions.
“We continue to extend mineralisation in width to the south, along strike to the west and at depth”
‘Significant’ potential for resource growth at world-class Hemi
In late 2019, De Grey made a large, shallow, high-grade gold discovery in the Pilbara’s Mallina basin, in what is now known as the Hemi gold deposit.
The scale of the discovery was the largest to date in the region, with intrusion-hosted mineralisation associated with stringer and disseminated sulphide rich zones.
The project includes a current MRE of 6.8Moz, across six main zones (Aquila, Brolga, Crow, Diucon, Eagle and Falcon), with shallow mineralisation allowing for potential low-cost open-pit mining.
Mineralisation has so far been confirm across a 3.5km x 3.5km area, to depths of up to 500m, with mineralisation remaining open in multiple directions.
De Grey General Manager Exploration Phil Tornatora said: “Recent drilling at Diucon has increased the scale of the mineralised intrusion to approximately 300m wide, 400m deep and 1,000m in strike. The system remains open in all directions. Zones of higher grade gold have also been intersected within the overall mineralised intrusion including 17m @ 7.5g/t Au in HERC897. We continue to extend mineralisation in width to the south, along strike to the west and at depth.”
Images: De Grey Mining Limited