Boab's Lead silver zinc WA asset

Boab Metals starts phase VI drilling program Sorby Hills Lead-Silver-Zinc Project, WA

Boab Metals (ASX:BML) has launched a phase VI drilling program at its 75% owned Sorby Hills Lead-Silver-Zinc Project located in the Kimberley region of Western Australia

The phase VI program will include 31 drill holes (+3,700m) comprising a combination Mud Rotary pre-collars and reverse circulation (RC) drill holes.

The main objectives of the program include facilitating an increase in the Beta and Norton deposit ore reserves, testing of a conceptual target within the current mining lease, and complete the maiden drill program at the Eight Mile Creek tenement.

Addressing the works program, Boab Managing Director and CEO Simon Noon said: “We have planned a very specific and targeted work program that is focused on enhancing value within the later stages of the current Sorby Hills mine life and testing priority exploration targets for their potential to grow the Project mine life into the future.”

“We have planned a very specific and targeted work program”

The Eight Mile Creek Project area covers the south-westward extension of the Burt Range Sub-Basin stratigraphy and by implication the south-westward extension of the prospective geological units that host the Sorby Hills lead-silver zinc mineralisation.

In 2021, Boab started exploration over the project area with the completion of one RC drill hole and several traverses of soil sampling.

Boab is a Western Australia-based exploration and development company with interests in Australia and South America. In Australia, the company is currently focused on developing the Sorby Hills Lead-Silver-Zinc Joint Venture Project in WA.

Boab owns a 75% interest in the JV with the remaining 25% (contributing) interest held by Henan Yuguang Gold & Lead Co. Ltd.

Images: Boab Metals Ltd
Author Image
Written By Adam Orlando
Mining.com.au Editor-in-Chief Adam Orlando has more than 20 years’ experience in the media having held senior roles at various publications, including as Asia-Pacific Sector Head (Mining) at global newswire Acuris (formerly Mergermarket). Orlando has worked in newsrooms around the world including Hong Kong, Singapore, London, and Sydney.