Fin Resources ‘aggressively’ advancing towards White Bear

Fin Resources (ASX:FIN) is ‘aggressively’ advancing towards a maiden drill program at the White Bear spodumene discovery in Quebec, Canada.

Director Jason Bontempo says Fin Resources will test for a new major lithium deposit discovery in the Lac Guyer Greenstone belt along from the existing multi hundred million dollar value Cancet deposit and Corvette deposit discoveries.

“This is a very exciting diamond drilling program for Fin, with the fully funded initial phase of approximately 1,500m representing the first drilling ever completed across the Cancet West Project. Furthermore, we have defined significant regional pegmatite trends across the recently expanded claims at Cancet West.

First time ever exploration work over these trends is planned during the forthcoming Canadian Spring with aim of uncovering more drill targets for potential lithium discoveries.”

Fin Resources reports extensive regional target zones have been identified at the Cancet West Project following on from the White Bear lithium discovery.

Compilation and review of historical exploration data across newly staked claims has identified numerous outcropping coarse to very coarse grained pegmatitic granites, some of which are hosted in mafic amphibolite mapped by Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Quebec.

Fin says no exploration has occurred on the majority of the interpreted pegmatite trends, other than the limited work completed by the company to date, making these ‘very exciting’ and unexplored green fields targets.

More than 80% of the interpreted pegmatite trends are yet to be tested and the remaining 20% has only had minor rock chip sampling completed by Fin, and therefore require more in depth exploration during the 2024 field season.

The company notes that the interpreted pegmatite trends appear to be associated with the 10-15km strike length of the Archean-aged Lac Guyer greenstone belt (host to the Cancet and Corvette Deposits) and the prospective deformation zone that is yet to explored.

Of particular importance, Fin says, is the frequency of fractionated / altered felsic rocks observed within the Project, which adds further encouragement.

Write to Adam Orlando at Mining.com.au

Images: Fin Resources
Author Image
Written By Adam Orlando
Mining.com.au Editor-in-Chief Adam Orlando has more than 20 years’ experience in the media having held senior roles at various publications, including as Asia-Pacific Sector Head (Mining) at global newswire Acuris (formerly Mergermarket). Orlando has worked in newsrooms around the world including Hong Kong, Singapore, London, and Sydney.