Cyprium Metals Limited (ASX: CYM) reports that it has intercepted 180 metres of sulphide-ore-grade copper from a depth of 10 metres during diamond drilling at its Nanadie Well project in Western Australia.
The mineralisation was intersected in the third diamond hole (NWD2003) of the company’s phase 1 drill program during December 2020 and January 2021, immediately below the oxide copper-gold halo. All three holes are reported to have intercepted visible copper mineralisation, with key results from NWD2003 including:
- 180m @ 0.6% Cu and 0.2 Au g/t from 10.0m including:
- 1.0m @ 2.2% Cu and 0.8 Au g/t from 30.0m
- 0.7m @ 3.1% Cu and 0.3 Au g/t from 56.6m
- 3.0m @ 1.7% Cu and 0.7 Au g/t from 87.0m
- 5.0m @ 3.0% Cu and 0.3 Au g/t from 95.0m including:
- 1.0m @ 3.3% Cu and 1.4 Au g/t from 96.0m
- 1.0m @ 4.1% Cu and 0.3 Au g/t from 97.0m
- 0.7m at 6.6% Cu and 2.8 Au g/t from 109.3m
- 0.8m @ 2.7% Cu and 0.9 Au g/t from 115.2m
- 0.7m @ 2.5% Cu and 0.3 Au g/t from 123.2m
- 24.9m @ 1.4% Cu and 0.3 Au g/t from 150.1m including:
- 1.0m @ 5.1% Cu and 0.4 Au g/t from 155m
- 0.7m @ 11.0% Cu and 0.8 Au g/t from 156.7m
- 2.0m @ 2.9% Cu and 0.8 Au g/t from 160.0m
- 2.5m @ 1.9% Cu and 0.4 Au g/t from 171.8m
- 4.9m @ 1.2% Cu and 1.1 Au g/t from 177.2m including:
- 2.2m @ 1.7% Cu and 2.3 Au g/t from 178.8m
Nanadie Well drill program
CYM reports that phase 1 diamond drilling has identified near-surface oxide and extensive sulphide mineralisation covered by between 1 to 25 metres of transported material, which remains open along strike to the north and south and across strike to the west. The 1,328 metre program was completed in January 2021, and was initially intended to test sulphide mineralisation below 50 metres depth.
Data from Nanadie Well displays potential for oxide and sulphide mineralisation over the currently identified strike of 750 metres.
The company expects that results from phase 1 diamond and RC drilling, along with additional drilling will form the basis for a JORC 2012 Nanadie Well mineral resource, which is expected for delivery later in 2021.
“This is another set of fantastic drill results for this extensive deposit, which is very shallow, broad, consistently mineralised and is open in multiple directions”
Cyprium Metals Executive Director Barry Cahill said: “We are excited to announce the assay results from the third drill hole of the Phase 1 Nanadie Well diamond drilling campaign that was completed earlier this year, with all drill holes intersecting visible copper mineralisation.
Diamond drill hole NWD2003 was drilled in the central section of the deposit and returned another strong intersection of 180m at 0.6% Copper and 0.2 g/t gold. The mineralisation has been consistent in the central section of Nanadie Well and we look forward to commencing metallurgical studies to optimise the extraction of copper and gold from a potential heap leach operation at the deposit.
This is another set of fantastic drill results for this extensive deposit, which is very shallow, broad, consistently mineralised and is open in multiple directions.“
Images: Cyprium Metals Limited