Anglo Australian Resources NL (ASX: AAR) has reported “outstanding” drill results from ongoing resource drilling and exploration programs its 100%-owned Mandilla Gold Project near Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.
Recent extensional drilling at Mandilla East has demonstrated success in finding “wide zones” of gold to the south of, and below the current 500,000oz mineral resource estimate, with an updated MRE expected in August.
Key results include:
- 64.57m at 3.49g/t Au from 190m, 14.39m at 2.89g/t Au from 169.37m and 13.8m at 0.91g/t Au from 139.7m in MDRCD377;
- 30m at 4.76g/t Au from 84m in MDRC433;
- 37m at 3.07g/t Au from 89m and 20m at 1.15g/t Au from 38m in MDRC426;
- 39m at 1.23g/t Au from 141m, 14m at 0.63g/t Au from 119m and 10m at 0.60g/t Au from 102m in MDRC427;
- 34m at 1.15g/t Au from 105m in MDRC438;
- 24.45m at 1.40g/t Au from 133.5m in MDRCD376;
- 17m at 1.76g/t Au from 99m in MDRC424;
- 28m at 0.98g/t Au from 45m in MDRC423;
- 6m at 3.61g/t Au from 142m and 17m @ 1.15g/t Au from 117m in MDRC435;
- 12m at 1.41g/t Au from 141m in MDRC421;
- 8m at 1.92g/t Au from 132m in MDRC428;
- 8m at 1.77g/t Au from 102m and 20m at 0.52g/t Au from 14m in MDRC429;
- 10m at 1.30g/t Au from 86m in MDRC394;
- 7m at 1.68g/t Au from 68m in MDRC374; and
- 9m at 1.11g/t Au from 41m in MDRC437
Mandilla Gold Project
The Mandilla Gold Project contains an estimated mineral resource of 15.6 million tonnes at a grade of 1.0 g/t gold, for 500,400 ounces. It is located on the western margin of a porphyritic granite intrusion known as Emu Rocks Granite. This granitic intrusion slices through older volcanoclastic sedimentary rocks that form part of the Spargoville Group.
Mandilla’s reverse-circulation and diamond drilling programs are expected to commence in August, with air-core drilling scheduled for December.
A planned 55,000 meters of drilling across Mandilla and Feysville will be completed during FY22, subject to ongoing positive results.
“The potential for growth of the Mandilla Resource is emphatically demonstrated by this exceptional set of assay results”
Anglo Australian Managing Director Marc Ducler said: “The potential for growth of the Mandilla Resource is emphatically demonstrated by this exceptional set of assay results.”
“Hole MDRCD377 returned three noteworthy intersections, including a substantial 225 gram metre intercept (64.57m at 3.49g/t Au) within a significant zone of quartz veining with gold, galena and pyrite. This is an outstanding intercept by any measure which, together with the other results reported today, continues to show the scale, quality and growth potential of the Mandilla Project.
What is also encouraging is that RC drilling, designed to in-fill the south-east extension to Mandilla East has also returned some exceptional results, with 143 gram metres reported in MDRC433 and 136 gram metres in MDRC426. These intersections, combined with the high success rate of drilling completed over the south-eastern extension of Mandilla East, are also likely to add significantly to the MRE.
Off the back of these strong results and recent geotechnical findings, we have commenced work on an update to the Mandilla MRE and should be in a position to report that to the market in early August.
We are also looking forward to recommencing drilling at Mandilla with both diamond and RC rigs planned to be turning again very shortly.”
Images: Anglo Australian Resources NL