Napie gold project

Mako hits ‘high grades’ at Komboro validating belief in district scale potential

Mako Gold (ASX:MKG) reports a ‘high-grade’ gold discovery following a shallow reverse circulation (RC) drilling campaign at the Komboro prospect, as part of its flagship Napié Project in Cote d’Ivoire.

The results, generated from 23 shallow RC drill holes for 2,824m, have validated Mako’s belief in the district‐scale potential and its strategy to identify a multi‐million‐ounce deposit on the Napié Project.

Significant drilling results include:

  • Hole NARC741: 9m @ 3.26g/t Au from 67m, incl. 3m @ 7.29g/t Au from 67m; and
    • 1m @ 30.47g/t Au from 86m
  • Hole NARC743: 1m @ 8.45g/t Au from 74m
  • Hole NARC753: 5m @ 1.64g/t Au from 56m

Commenting on the results, Mako’s Managing Director Peter Ledwidge said: “We are thrilled with the results of our new discovery at the Komboro prospect as it has confirmed the presence of significant mineralisation at a fourth prospect on the Napié Project.

We are thrilled with the results of our new discovery at the Komboro prospect”

The drill results validate the company’s growth strategy of identifying new areas for potential resource delineation.

The drill results validate the company’s growth strategy of identifying new areas for potential resource delineation following the recent delivery of the 868,000 ounce Inferred maiden MRE at Tchaga and Gogbala.

We look forward to drilling more extensively along the 9km-long intermittent artisanal mining sites at the end of the wet season.”

The company also notes that 6 of the 7 ‘key’ intercepts returned ‘significant’ gold values and demonstrate the untapped potential of the untested northern area of the Komboro prospect.

In addition, drilling conducted about 3km east of the Komboro prospect within the K2 target returned a stand-out grade of 5m @ 1.64g/t Au in drill hole NARC753 and provides further ‘highly encouraging’ potential for the northern region of the Napié Project.

The Napié Project is located about 30km southeast of the city of Korhogo within the north central region of Côte d’Ivoire and covers a 3okm strike length inside a total prospective land tenure of 224km-square.

Mako Gold owns 51% interest in all associated tenements with Occidental Gold SARL, a subsidiary company of West African gold miner Perseus Mining (ASX:PRU) owning the remaining 49%. However, Mako could earn a 75% interest through the delivery of a feasibility study.

With the current RC drilling campaign still ongoing, Mako believes that future results carry the potential for Komboro to add to the Napie resource inventory.

Drilling is set to continue following the wet season in Q3 2022.

Images: Mako Gold Ltd
Author Image
Written By Adam Drought
Born and raised in the UK, Adam is a sports fanatic with an interest in Rugby League and UFC/MMA. When not training in Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Adam attends Griffith University where he is completing his final year of a Communication & Journalism degree.