Wiluna Mining Corporation Limited (ASX: WMC) has reported “bonanza-grade” assays from resource development drilling at the Happy Jack and East Lode zones within its Wiluna Mining Centre in Western Australia. The repeated high-grade intercepts, according to the company, support the possibility of higher grades in Stage 1 development.
Happy Jack zone
Multiple “bonanza high grades” with abundant coarse gold were drilled at the Happy Jack zone. Standout assays included
- HJRD00025: 1.99m @298.8g/t including 0.76m @ 773.0g/t
- HJRD00019: 8.67m @ 18.44g/t including 4.01m @ 36.28g/t; and 0.72m @ 35.10g/t
- HJRD00026: 20.00m @ 7.33g/t including 2.22m @ 30.26g/t; and 4.00m @ 5.27g/t
- HJRD00066: 4.75m @ 11.81g/t including 0.85m @ 59.40g/t
- HJRD00027: 4.90m @ 13.30g/t
- HJRD00024: 6.82m @ 9.37g/t including 0.69m @ 81.00g/t
- HJRD00008: 6.62m @ 3.47g/t including 2.09m @ 9.41g/t
- HJRD00017: 5.55m @ 7.09g/t
East Lode zone
Drilling at East Lode also returned “thick high-grade” intercepts over broad areas. Standout assays included
- WURD0125W1: 14.90m @ 8.60g/t; and 10.20m @ 4.42g/t including 6.95m @ 5.06g/t
- WURD0158: 14.30m @ 3.86g/t including 8.52m @ 5.71g/t
- WURD0138: 11.24m @ 4.60g/t including 2.10m @ 6.85g/t and 3.13m @ 6.24g/t
- WURD0143: 13.40m @ 4.26g/t including 0.73m @ 11.07g/t; and 4.77m @ 6.88g/t
Wiluna Mining Centre
The Wiluna Mining Centre is located in Western Australia near the town of Wiluna, and includes the Wiluna Mine with its large sulphide resource at Bulletin, Essex, Calvert, Happy Jack, East Pit, and West Pit. The Centre also includes Regent and the Quartz Reef deposits of Golden Age, Galaxy, and Monarch.
Presently, the Wiluna Mine has a JORC Mineral Resource of 5.59Moz @ 3.06g/t (above 1.0g/t cut-off) and Ore Reserve 1.06Moz @ 2.85 g/t.
Wiluna reports that follow-up resource definition drilling is likely, with mineralisation interpreted as open in various directions.
Images: Wiluna Mining Corporation Limited