Explorer Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS) has delivered some of its highest-grade intersections to date from resource definition drilling at the VC-07 East nickel-copper deposit within its 60%-owned Andover Project in Western Australia.
Standout results included:
- Hole ANDD0061: 8.4m @ 2.58% Ni, 0.71% Cu and 0.11% Co from 234.4m downhole; including
- 4.1m @ 3.34% Ni, 0.87% Cu and 0.14% Co from 238.7m downhole
- Hole ANDD0046: 22.6m @ 1.71% Ni, 0.83% Cu and 0.08% Co from 389.1m downhole; including:
- 4.7m @ 2.93% Ni, 0.40% Cu and 0.12% Co from 390.7m downhole; and
- 4.5m @ 2.72% Ni, 0.59% Cu and 0.12% Co from 402.9m downhole
- Hole ANDD0047: 10.5m @ 1.52% Ni, 0.58% Cu and 0.07% Co from 557.3m downhole; including
- 5.5m @ 2.12% Ni, 0.61% Cu and 0.09% Co from 562.3m downhole;
- Hole ANDD0063: 18.2m @ 1.14% Ni, 0.62% Cu and 0.05% Co from 397.2m downhole; including
- 4.8m @ 2.18% Ni, 1.06% Cu and 0.08% Co from 397.2m downhole;
- Hole ANDD0057: 15.7m @ 1.07% Ni, 0.47% Cu and 0.05% Co from 440.6m downhole
- Hole ANDD0058: 8.7m @ 1.57% Ni, 0.47% Cu and 0.07% Co from 442.6m downhole
Azure Minerals Managing Director Tony Rovira said: “The Andover VC-07 East Ni-Cu sulphide deposit continues to grow on multiple fronts. The ongoing resource definition program continues to deliver substantial mineralised intersections, including these latest results which are some of the highest grade drill hits received to date. Importantly, the ongoing drill program continues to expand the deposit both along strike and closer to surface”.
95 diamond holes completed at Andover
Azure reports that its ongoing resource definition drill program at the Andover Project has completed 95 diamond drill holes to date for a total of 42,830m. Among these, 87 holes were drilled at the VC-07 prospect, which included 76 holes at VC-07 East and 11 holes at VC-07 West, with 8 holes drilled at the VC-23 prospect.
The company has now reported assay results up to and including hole ANDD0065, with results pending for a further 30 holes.
VC-07 East nickel-copper sulphide deposit continues to grow
The VC-07 East zone has begin to emerge as a significant nickel-copper sulphide deposit in its own right, with recently returned assay results confirming continuity of thickness and grade in line with, and in some cases exceeding the company’s expectations.
Recent drilling has expanded the east-west strike length of the deposit to greater-than 400m, extended mineralisation up-dip to within 50m of surface, and confirmed the mineralised system remains open down-dip to a depth of more than 500m below surface.
“The ongoing resource definition program continues to deliver substantial mineralised intersections”
Azure pushes ahead with exploration activities
The company reports that its mineral resource drill program on the VC-07 East deposit will continue as long as drilling continues to intersect substantial mineralisation.
Three rigs are currently drilling around the clock at the prospect, with a focus on completing both in-fill and extensional drilling to support a maiden mineral resource estimate, expected for delivery in 2022.
Downhole electromagnetic surveying along the VC-07 mineralised corridor continues to provide targeting for additional mineralised extensions, with priority placed on the east of the deposit where mapping and sampling have identified outcropping gossans and sulphide mineralisation at surface.
Images: Azure Minerals Limited