Artemis Resources (ASX:ARV) has reported a series of ‘high grade’ intercepts from RC drilling at the East Zone within its Carlow Gold-Copper-Cobalt Project in the west Pilbara.
Highlight grades, which come from the third round of results from the company’s 52 hole, ~14,000m program, include:
- Hole ARC359: 20.0m @ 2.06g/t Au, 0.40% Cu, 0.254% Co, from 258m; including
- 3.0m@ 8.78g/t Au, 1.18% Cu, 1.140% Co, from 258m
- Hole ARC355: 3.0m @ 21.91 g/t Au, 0.80 % Cu, 0.01 % Co, from 246m; including
- 1.0m @ 53.1g/t Au, 1.27% Cu 0.01% Co, from 246m
- Hole ARC357: 11.0m @ 1.69 g/t Au, 0.49 % Cu, 0.256 % Co, from 246m; including
- 2.0m @ 6.68g/t Au, 0.75% Cu, 0.916% Co, from 246m
- Hole ARC356: 6.0m @ 4.61 g/t Au, 0.44 % Cu, 0.02 % Co, from 294m; including
- 2.0m @ 5.75g/t Au, 0.42% Cu, 0.015% Co, from 296m
- Hole ARC356: 2.0m @ 11.93 g/t Au, 0.67 % Cu, 0.02 % Co, from 199m
- Hole ARC358: 1.0m @ 25.10 g/t Au, 0.43 % Cu, 0.01 % Co, from 245.00m
These ‘high-grade’ East Zone intercepts occur at depth, outside of the 2021 optimised pit shell.
“Through diligent analysis we can now target and intercept very high-grade shoots as well as thick zones of gold and copper with a high degree of certainty.”
Speaking on the results, Artemis Resources Executive Director Alastair Clayton said “Once again Steve Boda, Artemis General Manager and his team have, delivered outstanding results from the Carlow Project.
Through diligent analysis we can now target and intercept very high-grade shoots as well as thick zones of gold and copper with a high degree of certainty.
As demonstrated by the outstanding gold and copper intercepts presented to shareholders over the last five weeks the exploration scope and potential continues to grow across the Carlow group of deposits and regionally at the new Chapman discovery.
We will be accelerating our Carlow exploration efforts in the New Year with our aim of delivering a new resource statement in H1 of 2022.”
Artemis believes that the results demonstrate that primary potential in the Eastern Zone lies in depth extensions, while the mineralised area may be widened via new discoveries of offset high-grade shoots to the south.
It further notes that the results have provided enough data to confidently proceed with resource development and exploration drilling, with further follow-up drilling planned.
Results are pending for a further 3 holes.
Images: Artemis Resources Limited