Antipa Minerals (ASX: AZY) has identified a series of new copper-gold greenfield discoveries during exploration drilling at its Minyari Dome Project in Western Australia’s Paterson Province.
The 11,000m RC program was tasked with testing high-priority targets within a 3.5km range of the Minyari resource.
Drilling at Minyari South, 250 from the Minyari resource, encountered ‘significant’ shallow copper-gold intercepts including:
- Hole 21MYC0266: 9.0m @ 10.8 g/t Au and 0.60% Cu from 54.0m down hole; including
- 3.0m @ 19.4 g/t Au and 1.4% Cu from 55.0m
- Hole 21MYC0267: 10.0m @ 3.0 g/t Au and 0.60% Cu from 98.0m down hole; including
- 2.0m @ 9.4 g/t Au and 1.8% Cu from 99.0m
- Hole 21MYC0268: 13.0m @ 1.6 g/t Au and 0.10% Cu from 31.0m down hole; including
- 4.0m @ 3.2 g/t Au and 0.2% Cu from 35.0m
An additional RC hole 400m west of the Minyari resource at the Sundown target returned results which the company says are similar to mineralisation at the deposit’s northern upper zone:
- Hole 21MYC0278: 42.0m @ 0.53 g/t Au and 0.2% Cu from 125.0m down hole; including
- 14.0m @ 1.3 g/t Au and 0.4% Cu from 125.0m; and
- 4.0m @ 3.1 g/t Au and 1.0% Cu from 135.0m
Antipa further notes that follow-up drilling at the GP01 target, situated 400m east of the WACA resource, intersected sulphides and alteration along 150m of strike, with assay pending.
“The increasing cache of greenfield discoveries within close proximity to the Minyari and WACA deposits demonstrates the significant exploration and resource growth potential within the Company’s 100% Minyari Dome Project”
Speaking on the new discoveries, Antipa Minerals Managing Director Roger Mason said: “The increasing cache of greenfield discoveries within close proximity to the Minyari and WACA deposits demonstrates the significant exploration and resource growth potential within the Company’s 100% Minyari Dome Project.
The Company’s recently completed 11,000 metre 2021 greenfield RC drill programme tested 14 targets and has delivered four discoveries (assay results available) with significant sulphide mineralisation intersected at another four targets (assay results pending). The Minyari Dome area is showing signs of camp style potential with multiple mineral systems developed around one or more causative intrusions.”
Antipa’s 2021 greenfield exploration program at Minyari Dome was tasked with identifying gold-copper discoveries within a 4km radius of the project’s current mineral resources, and was broken-down into four core components:
- Detailed drone magnetic survey on 20m line spacing to improve deposit, prospect, and greenfield targeting
- Gradient array induced polarisation survey to identify IP anomalies related to gold-copper sulphide mineralisation and provide further mapping data
- RC drilling across 43 holes to test identified targets; and
- Surface geochemical and fine-fraction soil work across broad areas of the project to identify new greenfield targets for further drilling in 2022
The 144km² Minyari Dome Project hosts the Minyari and WACA deposits with a combined total mineral resource of 723,340oz Au, 26,390t Cu, 233,290oz Ag and 4,060t Co.
The project is situated within close proximity of a number of world-class projects including Newcrest Mining’s Telfer gold-copper-silver operation, and 54km along strike from Newcrest-Greatland Gold’s Havieron gold-copper development project.
Images: Antipa Minerals Limited