Musgrave Minerals (ASX: MGV) has released further highlight assay results from RC infill drilling at the Big Sky Prospect within its Cue Gold Project in Western Australia.
The prospect, which sits along a new 7km gold corridor south-west of Lena and Break of Day, continues to deliver ‘significant’ gold mineralisation below transported hardpan cover, with drill work intersecting multiple, parallel, high-grade mineralised zones.
Highlight results from 39 recently-reported RC holes include:
- Hole 21MORC340: 4m @ 20.4g/t Au from 37m and
- 25m @ 1.0g/t Au from 65m to EOH
- Hole 21MORC282: 3m @ 11.5g/t Au from 26m and
- 2m @ 12.3g/t Au from 39m
- Hole 21MORC336: 3m @ 9.5g/t Au from 9m and
- 4m @ 4.2g/t Au from 59m
- Hole 21MORC337: 3m @ 10.9g/t Au from 21m and
- 10m @ 2.4g/t Au from 45m and
- 2m @ 9.6g/t from 69m
- Hole 21MORC338: 2m @ 13.5g/t Au from 38m and
- 17m @ 1.5g/t Au from 68m
- Hole 21MORC341: 10m @ 5.2g/t Au from 20m, including;
- 1m @ 42.8g/t Au from 27m, and
- 6m @ 3.4g/t Au from 63m
- Hole 21MORC339: 6m @ 5.2g/t Au from 42m
- Hole 21MORC285: 2m @ 17.6g/t Au from 105m
- Hole 21MORC342: 2m @ 9.6g/t Au from 0m and
- 5m @ 8.3g/t Au from 62m and
- 10m @ 2.4g/t from 73m
- Hole 21MORC343: 4m @ 5.4g/t Au from 50m and
- 10m @ 2.0g/t Au from 80m
- Hole 21MORC287: 17m @ 1.6g/t Au from 99m
Commenting on these latest results, Musgrave Minerals Managing Director Rob Waugh said “These are excellent results and confirms the potential for high-grade zones at Big Sky. Resource RC drilling will recommence in the new year at Big Sky. The RC rig has moved to White Heat to follow-up the very high-grade result (15m @ 111.6g/t Au) announced on 1 December in a new lode position.
“These are excellent results and confirms the potential for high-grade zones at Big Sky”
The Company currently has four drill rigs on site and is working towards a maiden mineral resource estimate at Big Sky focussing on the top 120m from surface, in late Q2 2022.”
Infill resource definition work is ongoing at Big Sky, testing continuity, grade and down-dip extent of mineralisation. Musgrave reports that these latest results underscore the prospect’s potential to host higher-grade gold zones, with mineralisation remaining open down dip.
Current drilling is focussed on testing higher-grade and wider intervals of known gold mineralisation, which the company believes provide ‘strong potential’ to increase the existing Cue Project resource.
In addition, diamond drilling has commenced at the prospect, with a maiden mineral resource estimate scheduled for release in Q2 2022.
Images: Musgrave Minerals Ltd