Alto Metals (ASX: AME) has achieved further thick, ‘high-grade’ gold hits from an ongoing RC drilling program below the Lord Nelson Pit at its Sandstone Gold Project in Western Australia.
Key new intercepts include:
- Hole SRC576: 67m @ 2.3g/t Au from 172m, incl. 6m @ 5.4g/t Au from 179m
- Hole SRC582: 19m @ 1.5g/t Au from 185m, incl. 1m @ 17.8g/t Au from 198m
- Hole SRC580: 12m @ 1.4g/t Au from 50m, incl. 1m @ 10.2g/t Au from 59m; and 11m @ 1.0g/t Au from 84m
- Hole SRC579: 11m @ 1.3g/t Au from 156m, and 6m @ 3.0g/t Au from 215m
- Hole SRC581: 9m @ 1.2g/t Au from 146m, incl. 2m @ 2.6g/t Au from 150m
- Hole SRC584: 2m @ 5.1g/t Au from 139m
- Hole SRC583: 5m @ 1.9g/t Au from 179m, incl. 1m @ 5.4g/t Au from 181m
The company also notes that assays are currently pending for a further 4,935m of RC drilling completed at the Juno Lode and Northern Central Zone target, with recently-announced results including:
- Hole SRC443: 13m @ 5.1g/t Au from 162m, incl. 3m @ 17.0g/t Au from 168m
- Hole SRC444: 23m @ 1.7g/t Au from 141m, incl. 5m @ 5.4g/t Au from 154m
- Hole SRC449: 22m @ 1.6g/t Au from 135m, incl. 5m @ 5.5g/t Au from 152m
- Hole SRC241: 10m @ 2.1g/t Au from 140m, incl. 3m @ 6.3g/t Au from 147m
- Hole SRC240: 20m @ 1.2g/t Au from 116m, incl. 3m @ 6.0g/t Au from 125m
Addressing the update, Alto Metals Managing Director Matthew Bowles said: “These are excellent initial results from our ongoing major drilling campaign and, on the back of the recent update of our open pit gold resource to 635,000oz, once again demonstrates the significant growth potential we see at the Lords Corridor and our entire Sandstone Gold Project.
A particular stand-out from these latest results is SRC576 returning 67m @ 2.3g/t gold, highlighting the continuity of thick high-grade mineralisation within the current pit-shell at Lord Nelson.
“A particular stand-out from these latest results is SRC576 returning 67m @ 2.3g/t gold”
We see this a great start to another exciting year ahead and look forward to updating shareholders on further results from our ongoing drill program, over the coming weeks and months ahead.”
Results from Lord Nelson have successfully extended the known mineralisation in both width and grade, and when combined with returned results from Juno, have demonstrated ‘significant’ growth potential for the Sandstone Project.
Follow up drilling will commence at both prospects once further results have been finalised and obtained.
In addition, Alto notes that it has commenced drilling at the 2km-strike-length Indomitable Camp as part of its goal to deliver an updated Mineral Resource Estimate during the second half of 2022.
This major 60,000m RC drilling campaign is tasked with targeting both resource growth and exploration, focusing on existing resources and a number of advanced regional prospects.
The 100%-owned Sandstone Project is located in Western Australia, and boasts an existing JORC 2012 Mineral Resource Estimate of 12.2Mt @ 1.6g/t Au for 635,000oz.
Images: Alto Metals Ltd