Inca's IOCG NT project

Inca Minerals extends IOCG footprint at Mount Lamb Northeast prospect in NT

Inca Minerals (ASX:ICG) reports it has extended the IOCG footprint to more than 2km strike distance within the targeted area of the Mount Lamb Northeast prospect and has confirmed the company’s exploration and geophysical modelling.

The company reports the presence of iron oxide copper-gold (IOCG) style alteration and sulphide occurrences following its latest reverse circulation (RC) drill hole at the prospect in the Northern Territory.

The result, generated by a singular drillhole (FW220009), was drilled to a total depth of 1,051m and comprises a RC pre-collar of 136.4m and a diamond tail of 914.6m, with results indicating wide intercepts of IOCG style alteration and rare-trace (<1%-1%) copper and zinc sulphides.

The company also notes that the identified magnetic anomaly is situated offset from the peak gravity anomaly which has undergone previous testing.

Interestingly, the chalcopyrite and sphalerite occur as blebs within veins and as disseminations and provide economic support for the prospect

Interestingly, the chalcopyrite and sphalerite occur as blebs within veins and as disseminations and provide economic support for the prospect.

The Mount Lamb Northeast prospect is part of the Frewena Group Project that covers a total land tenure of 4,736km-square across various exploration licence tenements.

The Frewena Fable, East, Far East and Frontier tenements comprise Inca’s joint venture (JV) with MRG Resources and Dr Jonathan West with Inca owning 90% interest in all associated tenements and the remaining 10% being owned by MRG Resources.

It is believed that the Frewena Projects represent significant IOCG targets and have returned several key attributes that support this opinion.

With results from drillhole FW220009 finalised and returned, Inca Minerals announces that it has moved forward with additional drillhole FW220010 about 2.2km west-northwest of previous drillholes and has already returned a ‘thick’ interval of altered intrusive rocks from 189m downhole.

Drillhole FW220010 is currently sitting at a depth of 440.3m and represents the first drillhole of the 2022 phase one Frewena reconnaissance drill program.

Images:  Inca Minerals Ltd
Author Image
Written By Adam Drought
Born and raised in the UK, Adam is a sports fanatic with an interest in Rugby League and UFC/MMA. When not training in Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Adam attends Griffith University where he is completing his final year of a Communication & Journalism degree.