Azure Minerals presses forward with exploration program at Andover Project, WA

Azure Minerals (ASX:AZS) has received heritage survey clearances for the next stage of its lithium-focused exploration drilling program at the Andover Joint Venture (JV) Project in Western Australia. 

The 6 heritage survey clearances were conducted over 7 days by the Ngarluma Aboriginal Corporation (NAC) and were for the areas covering priority lithium pegmatites at the project. 

Additionally, Program of Work (PoW) approvals have been received from the WA Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) for about 45.81 hectares of land over the priority target areas within Exploration Licence E47/2481. 

These PoWs ensure the company has the ability to construct track and drill pads and conduct reverse circulation (RC) and diamond drilling. The company says the track and drill pad establishment has begun, and 2 RC drilling rigs are currently being mobilised to site.

Azure’s focus for this program is to drill the ‘high’ priority targets that the company can access to continue to define the continuity and extent of the lithium mineralisation in the area.  

Commenting on the ongoing activities, Azure Minerals Managing Director Tony Rovira says: “Receipt of the heritage clearances allows us to access the high-priority lithium targets at the Andover Project. 

With the recent approval by the DMIRS of the Program of Work applications, we now have in place all the environmental and heritage approvals required for the next stage of drilling at Andover. 

With the recent approval by the DMIRS of the Program of Work applications, we now have in place all the environmental and heritage approvals required for the next stage of drilling at Andover”

The traditional owners of Andover and the Ngarluma Aboriginal Corporation were instrumental in completing the heritage surveys and I thank them for their help and cooperation.”

Azure Minerals is scheduled to attend Mines and Money Connect Melbourne on 14 and 15 June 2023. 

Additionally, the company notes there are further surveys planned to be conducted for the second half of 2023. 

The Andover Project is prospective for ‘high-value’ nickel, copper, and cobalt metals and is a JV between Creasy Group, which owns 40%, and Azure, which owns the remaining 60%. The project is located in the West Pilbara region of Western Australia. 

Azure Minerals is an ASX-listed company, focused on its Andover Ni-Cu-Co Project. The company’s portfolio of assets also includes the Barton Gold and Base Metal, Turner River Gold, and Coongan Gold projects. 

Images: Azure Minerals Ltd
Author Image
Written By Aaliyah Rogan
Relocated from the East Coast in New Zealand to Queensland Australia, Aaliyah is a fervent journalist who has a passion for storytelling. When Aaliyah isn’t writing stories, she is either spending time with friends and family or down at the beach.